I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but here in North Carolina we have been having beautiful weather this past week. We are really getting a taste of the hopefully fast approaching spring! With the weather warming up, I realize I might be a little late to the game with this super cozy Chunky Relaxed Cable Scarf but I figured I would share the pattern now, since it is still February and still technically winter.
This pattern features Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Yarn, which is super soft and bulky. The bulkiness of the yarn allows for the project to work up quickly, and if you have been around my blog for any period of time you’ll know that’s right up my alley!
A printable PDF version of this pattern is available for purchase here.
Chunky Relaxed Cable Scarf Pattern
- 2 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn in color Wheat
- US Size 13 knitting needles
- Straight cable needle
- 2 wooden buttons (38 mm)
- Embroidery floss in coordinating color
- sewing needle
- Yarn needle
- Approximately 56 inches long by 9 inches wide laying flat
- BO – bind off
- BO 1 purl-wise- Bind off 1 stitch using purl stitch (purl 1 stitch, purl next stitch, using left needle, slide 1st purled stitch of bind off over the 2nd purled stitch of bind off from the right needle) – you have just bound off one stitch purl-wise!
- C4L – slip 2 stitches onto the cable needle; place cable needle in front of your working needles; knit next 2 stitches on left needle, knit 2 stitches off of the cable needle
- C4R – slip 2 stitches onto the cable needle and put behind your working needles; knit next 2 stitches on left needle, knit 2 stitches off of the cable needle
- CO – cast on
- k – knit
- p – purl
- YO – yarn over
CO 24 stitches
Row 1: k5, p3, k8, p3, k5
Row 2: k8, p8, k8
Rows 3 – 6: repeat rows 1 – 2 (two times)
Row 7: k5, p3, k2, C4R, k2, p3, k5
Row 8: k8, p8, k8
Rows 9 – 14: repeat rows 1 – 2 (three times)
Row 15: k5, p3, k2, C4L, k2, p3, k5
Row 16: k8, p8, k8
Rows 17 – 144: Repeat Rows 1 – 16 (nine times)
Rows 143 – 146: Repeat Rows 1 – 2 (two times)
[MAKING THE BUTTON HOLES]
Row 147: k5, BO 1 purl-wise, p1, k8, p1, BO 1 purl-wise, k5
Row 148: k6, YO, k1, p8, k1, YO, k6
Row 149: k5, p3, k8, p3, k5
Rows 150 – 152: knit
BO and weave in all ends.